Welcome to AJC Burundi
Japan Used Car Import Duty / Regulation in Burundi
Guidelines to follow while importing used car in Burundi :-
Shipping Ports :-
Burundi being a land locked country depends mainly on the ports Dar Es Salaam in Tanzania and Mombasa in Kenya for the import of used cars from Japan.
Left Hand Drive (LHD) :-
Burundi uses left-hand drive vehicles, but right-hand drive vehicles are also permitted.
Age Restrictions :-
There are no age restrictions on the import of used cars in Burundi, thus Burundians are fortunate to receive Japan used cars without any age restriction.
Inspection Required :-
The Burundians are also exempted from any sort of inspection restriction. This facilitates the people to import cars without the requirement of getting any inspection certificate from authorities like JEVIC, JAAI or Intertek.
Documents Required :-
The main documents required while importing the used cars in Burundi are as follows :-
- Original Registration Card
- Copy of Passport
- Original Purchase Invoice
- Original Bill of Lading showing chassis number, engine number, cubic capacity, year of manufacture, brand and model.
Duties and Taxes :-
The duty rates applicable on cars in Burundi are as follows: -
- Diplomat 1% handling charge
- Vehicle more than 10 passengers 15% CIF
- Tourism vehicle between 40% and 100% CIF
- Handling 4% CIF value
- Transactional tax 17% of (CIF + duties + handling)