Welcome to AJC Zambia
Japan Used Car Import Duty / Regulation in Zambia
Guidelines to follow while importing used vehicle from Japan :-
Delivery Port :-
Used vehicles in Zambia are shipped through Dar-Es-Salaam or Durban.
Age Restriction :-
No age restriction on age of used vehicles imported in Zambia.
Left-Hand Drive vehicle :-
Only left-hand drive vehicles are allowed to be imported in Zambia. Exception is provided in case of ambulance and fire engine.
Roadworthiness inspection :-
All Japanese used vehicles imported to Zambia must be JEVIC (Japan Export Vehicle Inspection Center) certified for roadworthiness.
Documents required for port clearance :-
- Required Documents
- Original Certificate of Title and Registration
- Commercial/Purchase Invoice :- showing purchase date and price
- Driver's License & International Insurance Policy (green card)
- Original Bill of Lading and Non Sale Certificate
- Letter of Transfer from client's employer
- Valuation Certificate