Welcome to AJC Zimbabwe
Japan Used Car Import Duty / Regulation in Zimbabwe
Guidelines to follow while importing used vehicle from Japan :-
Shipping Port :-
Used cars imported to Zimbabwe are shipped to the maritime port of Durban in South Africa, Walvis Bay in Namibia or Dar-Es-Salaam in Tanzania.
Age Restriction :-
No age restriction on Japanese used vehicles imported to Zimbabwe.
Left Hand Drive :-
Importation of Left Hand Drive vehicle is allowed in Zimbabwe. Exception is provided in case of ambulance and fire engine.
No mandatory inspection on used vehicles imported in Zimbabwe.
Documents required :-
- Immigrants Declaration
- Residence Permit
- Import license if vehicle ownership before importation is less than six months.
- Registration document
- Invoice/Agreement of sale
- Insurance document (to the place of importation)
- Freight document
Import Tax rates :-
- For all non-commercial vehicles: 60%-80%
- For light passenger vehicles, station wagons: 25%-40%
- Buses, mini-buses and other vehicles that are used for ferrying 10 or more passengers: 0%-60%
- For vehicles with engine smaller than 1500cc: 40%
- Surtax of 25%of the Value for duty purposes (VDP) on vehicle that are more than five years old.
- VAT :- 15%